Swim Course (600 yards)
- Course is triangular. Swim clockwise, bouys stay on your RIGHT.
- The start of the swim will be at the boat launch.
- Warm up swimming will be allowed only after the lifeguards have arrived at the beach
- Swim caps are mandatory and will be provided in your race packet. The cap color
signifies what swim wave you will start in.
- If you experience trouble during the swim, wave your arm in the air. Lifeguards
will be positioned along the swim course.
- Athletes may rest on boats without disqualification. If you are unable to complete
the swim, you must take off your chip and turn it into a race official before leaving
the swim area. An athlete who does not complete the swim may continue the race as
long as they have taken off their chip and turned it in. These athletes will not
- Wetsuits will be allowed as per USA Triathlon rules. Swim goggles are recommended.
Bike Course (13 Miles)
- Absolutely no bike riding within the transition area. Bikes must be walked or run
through this area.
- The bike course is open to traffic. Please stay to your right on the roadways. Volunteers
and police officers will be monitoring the course.
- Drafting on the bike course is not allowed. Race officials will be monitoring the
- Bikes must be placed back on racks before beginning run segment
- View the Bike Course via MapMyTri.com
Run Course (5K or 3.1 miles) / Duathlon: 2miles and 5K
- The 5k run will take place on the road along the lake. The course is closed to traffic.
- Duathlete’s turn around at the 1-mile marker for their first run. Complete the entire 5k course for 2nd run.
- Course is an Out and Back with rolling hills throughout.
- Gatorade/Water at 1st and 2nd miles.
- Markers at every half mile.
- Runners must wear their race number on front when crossing the finish line.
- Water will be available at every mile of the run course.
View the Run Course via MapMyTri.com
- There is a single, paved transition area.
- The transition area opens at 6:00 AM.
- Body marking and chip distribution takes place at the transition area entrance.
- No glass containers in the transition area.
- Only participants are allowed in the transition area.
- Port-O-Johns are located near the transition area.