The Evergreen Lake Triathlons
The international distance triathlon consists of a 1.5 kilometer swim, 40 kilometer bike and a 10 kilometer run. The sprint distance triathlon consists of a 500 meter swim, 40 kilometer bike, and a 5 kilometer run.
All events take place in and around scenic Comlara County Park near Hudson, IL. These events
are sponsored by the Bloomington-Normal Area Sports Commission and coordinated
by Tri-Mom Events, LLC and the Tri-Shark Triathlon Club, Inc.
*** International race start at 7:00AM sharp. ***
Sprint race starts at 7:30AM sharp.
- Prize Money
- Excellent race web site
- Chip Timing
- Tons of Age Group Awards
- Great Music
- Post-race food and drink
- USAT Sanctioned and Officiated
Packet pick and registration (if event is not already full) takes place at
Comlara County Park on Friday from 5-7 pm AND from 5:30 am to 6:30 am
at the park on race day. Look for signs directing you to parking and
registration as you enter the park.
The event is sanctioned by USA
. Each participant must be an annual member of USAT or
purchase the one-day USAT license (included in the entry fee) Participants must
follow all USA Triathlon rules and regulations. A complete list of USAT rules
can be found at http://usatriathlon.org/pages/1684
Awards / Prize Money
More than 100 awards are presented to both individuals and teams. Prize
money is awarded to the top 3 overall male and female finishers in the International Distance race.
*Those competing in the Clydesdale and Athena divisions are not eligible for
age group awards
- Top 3 in these Age Groups (Male and Female) 9 and Under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-17,18-19, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over
- Top 5 in these Age Groups (Male and Female) 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49
- Top 3 Clydesdale (men 200 pounds and above) – 39 and younger
- Top 3 Clydesdale – 40 and over
- Top 3 Athena (women 150 pounds and above) – 39 and younger
- Top 3 Athena – 40 and over
The fastest swimmer, cyclist and runner (both male and female) receive special awards.
Prize Money Distribution
(International Distance Race Only)
1st Overall Male/Female - $1,000
2nd Overall Male/Female - $500
3rd Overall Male/Female - $250
Awards are given to the top scoring triathlon clubs at this event.
Teams may consist of two or three members Team divisions include: male, female,
co-ed. Top 3 teams in each division receive awards.
- Hand off is in the transition area at your assigned bike rack
- All relay participants need to be body marked
- Only the runner wears the race number
Elite Wave Information
(International Distance Race Only)
The elite wave is the first swim wave and is open to any interested participants. Elite wave
participants are eligible for overall awards and prize money but NOT age group awards
participants in this wave are eligible for the prize money.
- A rule dispensation request for this race has been granted by USAT so that participants in the elite wave ARE included in this year's USAT rankings.
- Wave #1 also includes collegiate athletes who are competing in the Midwest College Triathlon Conference Championship to be contested at the Evergreen Lake Tri.
- The elite wave is limited to 75 participants.
- The addition of this special wave allows for head to head competition among those participants racing for prize money, the Best of the US state titles, and the regional collegiate championship title.
International Distance Wave Breakdown
- 7:00 am, Wave #01: Elite/Collegiate (males/females).
- 7:03 am, Wave #02: Men 34 and under.
- 7:06 am, Wave #03: Men 35-44.
- 7:09 am, Wave #04: Men 45 and over.
- 7:12 am, Wave #05: Women 39 and under.
- 7:15 am, Wave #06: Women 40 and over, Relay Teams, Clydesdales, Athenas.
Sprint Distance Wave Breakdown
- 7:30 am, Wave #07: Men 39 and under.
- 7:33 am, Wave #08: Men 40 and over.
- 7:36 am, Wave #09: All Women.
- 7:39 am, Wave #10: Relays, Clydes, and Athenas.
Get your club, school or church group involved! Cash prizes are awarded to
the groups that host the best aid stations on the bike and run courses. If you
would like to help at this event, please contact 309-827-2272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each volunteer receives a T-shirt and an invitation to the post race party.
Post-Race Party / Awards Ceremony
Kick back and join the fun and food immediately following the event. The awards
ceremony takes place near the finish line.
Event Cancellation / Modification Policy
If natural disaster or community disaster occurs, our action steps are as follows:
- Tri-Mom Events in concert with local officials will make decisions based on safety first.
- Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between Tri-Mom Events and local officials.
- Financial: It is not financially feasible for Tri-Mom Events to accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each registered participant needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There are NO REFUNDS or free entries to future races. The money you paid is spent developing the subject event.
- Tri-Mom Events does not save any money if one of our events has to be canceled for reasons beyond our control. All supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. All event supplies and services associated with that event must be paid for, regardless of the outcome.
Event may be delayed or cancelled due to extreme weather or other emergency.