Packet pick up/body marking and timing chip distribution will open at 6:00AM. You must have your timing chip and be body marked before you can enter the transition area. The transition area will also be open beginning at 6:00AM.
All participants must show photo ID at packet pick up. All USA Triathlon members must show membership card at check-in.
- Pre-race meeting at 7:40 am at swim start. Instructions and updates will be announced.
- It is the responsibility of the athlete to know and follow the proper course. (See attached maps)
- This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon. All USAT rules apply. For a complete listing of rules, go to USAT’s Rule Book.
- Body marking is located at the entrance to the transition area.
- The transition area is for race participants only – no spectators allowed.
- A sticker will be provided with your race number on it. Sticker must be placed on bike seat post or helmet for security.
Starting Information Coming Soon!
- Top 3 overall male/female finishers
- Top 3 in these age groups: 10-12, 13-15, 16-17,18-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84
- Top 3 Clydesdale (men 220 pounds and above)
- Top 3 Athena
- Top 2 teams in each relay division: Male, Female, Coed (may be 2 or 3 person team)
Duathlon Awards – updated categories coming soon
- Top 3 overall male/female duathletes receive awards.
- Top 3 – 39 and younger
- Top 3 – 40 and over
- Top 2 – relay division: Male, Female, Coed (may be 2 person team)
The post race food will be available to-go. Avanti’s Gondolas, bottled water and cookies.
Participants who registered as Clydesdales or Athenas will be asked to weigh in on race day. Entrants in this division are not eligible for age group awards. Note: you are not required to enter as a Clydesdale or Athena just because you meet the weight requirements. (220 lbs. for men; 165 lbs. for women)
Event Transfer Policy
No transfers available.
Event Cancellation / Modification Policy
If natural disaster or community disaster occurs, our action steps are as follows:
- Path Performance Events in concert with local officials will make decisions based on safety first.
- Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between Path Performance Events and local officials.
- Financial: It is not financially feasible for Path Performance Events to accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each registered participant needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There are NO REFUNDS or free entries to future races. The money you paid is spent developing the subject event.
- Path Performance Events does not save any money if one of our events has to be canceled for reasons beyond our control. All supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. All event supplies and services associated with that event must be paid for, regardless of the outcome.
Tri-Shark Classic may be delayed or cancelled due to extreme weather or other emergency.
Comlara County Park
The transition area is a large, paved parking lot located next to the beach house and main boat launch.
Parking is located in gravel lots next to the transition area. Overflow parking available in grass next to transition.
A sticker will be provided with your race number on it. The sticker should be placed on your bike handle bar stem. When the race is over, you must match your run bib with the sticker to remove your bike from the transition area. There is no bike check-in on Friday night.
- Relay team members may begin the next leg after they have been passed the chip by preceding team mate. Relays should hand off at their bike racks.
- The transition area will be secured until 10:30 am. When exiting the transition area after the race, you will be asked to match your race bib number with the number on your bike. If you must remove your bike from the transition area before the race is over, please be mindful of those athletes still on the course.
- Lost and found is located at the DJ table.